Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Moments in life

I don't think this will be in chronological order, moreso intensity. I'm almost 30 and I have a few stories to share.The scariest moment of my life was in 2001. I had applied to be a flight attendant in Austin and after the day of interviews I recieved an invitation to go to Chicago for the second round of interviews. I had to leave around 5am to get to the airport (Austin) on time. I was incredibly nervous. Most of you know I had my little white conv. bug at that time well it was one of those times that the top didn't go up and I didn't have time to fidgit with it so I had to drive with the conv. top down. I didn't want to wrinkle my new business suit so I took off the jacket and drove in the fucking cold in my blouse and skirt. Right after the Highway entrance from San Marcos I had "met" this jackass. I was driving in the slow lane and the ja kept pulling up on MY right hand side (yes the gravel) he was in a big truck and had his head hanging out of the window asking me what my name is etc. I ignored him ALL the way to Austin. He was even getting dangerous and swerving in front of me and braking. So I exited to the airport and he FOLLOWED. I was really getting nervous at this point. I drove really slowly hoping that he would go through a green light and I'd get stuck behind (then I can pull a swifty move and go some side roads). But it didn't happen. I was looking for cops but none where to be found. It wasn't before the time of cell phones but I didn't have one. I made it to the airport and he was still behind me. His look had changed to a smirk and it scared me to pieces. I saw one of the buses that pick up people that parked far away and I parked right in front of it. The bus driver looked at me and I busted out crying. The truck took a mad right turn and the bus driver came to me and asked what was wrong. He tried to calm me down and told me to park my car and he would wait for me, but as nervous as I was my leg was shaking so much that I couldn't put the car in gear. I asked the bus driver to help me and he did. He called security to look be on the look out for the truck driver but I don't know what became of the mess. I was kind of scared to come back to Austin because now the ja knows where I parked and I had the top down the whole time. God that was a scary moment in my life.The next story is a nice fairy tale like story I just reread an email I wrote about the experience and I think I'll just paste it here - nothing like hearing my thoughts about it from back in '98 (Nov. 4). ps. that was while I was in Lueneburg Germany for a year long exchange.Friday when getting on the bus to go to town, i entered to see a nice looking guy (long brown hair and blue eyes) smiling at me, i was flattered and walked to the back of the bus. For the 10 min. ride he shyly turned around and smiled a few times. We both got off at the same stop and both walked into the bank. When i left, he was out side playing with his shoe, briefcase something and we smiled at one another again. I walked down the busy shopping street and went inside a cd shop and just like in the movies i look up from thumbing through cds and there stood the guy with blue eyes. I don't know who left first but later when i went to pick up a poster i had ordered i turned around and saw him again (i know this is almost sounding made up, 'ey) i looked at the church (clock) and it was almost 1, so i took the bus back to school. I noticed my class was cancelled and i went to the cafeteria and had lunch. in the middle of raising the fork to my mouth there stood my guy with his mouth open like he couldn't believe i was sitting there. i wanted to say something but with food about to enter my mouth i didn't know what to do. so before i knew it he was gone. I wanted a coffee afterwards, and i remember saying "danke" to someone who opened the door for me, little did i know it was my blue eyed stranger. he said something really fast in german and i didn't understand him and I, shocked as can be, started speaking english "how is it that i keep running into you today", he looked a little disappointed as if 'she doesn't speak my language', but then i asked in german "what are you doing" , he answered by telling me what he is studying, i smiled and rephrased my Q. by adding a "now" and he said nothing so we went for a coffee together, his name is peter, 28, lives in hamburg and is studying to be a teacher of history and theology.Isn't that crazy! Who knows that could have been a sign, I did see him again at a disco and he invited me to his friends birthday party. I didn't go I was too crazy in love with someone else. The last story for today is from '96. Another story about the troubles my bug got me into. My school friend from Germany was coming to visit me in Texas and it was right before college began. So Joy and I decided to do the first long trip my bug ever made. We drove from my parents house to San Angelo and right outside of SA my car broke down. We waited on the side of the road and a truck driver (damn those big truck drivers) pulled over and told us he'd drive us to an autopart store so I can get a new fanbelt. While driving he asks Joy where she's from and tells her here in Texas you have to be really careful to get into cars with strangers because they are legally allowed to carry handguns, he then reached under his seat and pulled out a gun. We were two scared chicas and he let out a wicked laugh and said "I won't hurt you, but maybe someone else would have". OMG we wanted out. After buying the fan belt he offered to take us back to my bug but we politely said "no thank you". Ok I need to do some stuff around the house. I'd love to hear your comments. Ciao

No comments: